Monday, December 22, 2008

Bad Santa!

Are you kidding me!!! We get to the mall early so we can be the first in line to see wonderful, magical Santa (who is supposed to be making an appearance at 6:00)--and we see this note. Santa is going to dinner??? What! "He'll be back at 6:15" says one of his elves. Don't get me wrong, I think Santa should be able to eat....but his shift didn't start until 6----what was he doing ALL day long??? Give me a break!


Griffin had even less patience for Santa's tardiness. He was pulling on the gate with all his might trying to get it open. G-man had no idea what we were waiting in line for, but the anticipation was killing him.



We were trying to get the kid to say "ho, ho, ho". He thought it was pretty funny. He also thought spilling his drink down his shirt and down Daddy's was funny too. We didn't care---we were just trying to keep him entertained while we waited over 20 minutes for Santa to arrive.




We snuck a quick family photo--Griff couldn't keep his eyes open. This is the best picture we could get--the others were too blurry. My camera sucks......oh Santa, you know what you can bring me for Christmas......




After much anticipation, Santa finally arrived. As he shook the crumbs out of his beard from the pretzel place in the mall, and finished up a large Orange Julius, Santa's lap was ready for bright eyed children to have a seat. I figured I would get a big "HO, HO, HO", or a "What do you want for Christmas little boy"--but much to my dismay, Santa didn't say a single word to me or Griffin. He just sat there. I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm from Santa. Thank goodness he put his hat on---when he walked in without it, he was quite scary looking. And what is with the elf photographers? There are two girls standing behind the camera--can't one entertain while the other takes the pictures--NO--they both were trying to get my kid to smile and neither one was ready with the camera when he did give a faint smile...or maybe he was just chewing the fruit snacks I was bribing him with, and it just looked like a little smile. Anyway, the kid didn't cry---or scream as I thought he would. I strongly suggest that Santa and the Elves head back to the North Pole for a little more training! I suppose I should give them a break--it is getting close to the big day, so maybe they were just conserving energy and didn't bring their "A" game tonight. None the less, we did get some good pictures. The picture that we paid top dollar for was actually a perfect picture of Griffin. I didn't pay the extra $12.99 for a CD, so if I get near a scanner, I'll upload the picture. Griffin looked like he was trying to run away from Santa--and his facial expression was priceless.

Hope you and your families have a Merry Christmas!




No comments: