Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Part I



We didn't cram Christmas into one weekend this year--we get to enjoy it three weekends in a row!  The weekend before Christmas we celebrated with Jason's parents (they decided they needed to go to Iowa's bowl game & bolted for AZ the day after Christmas).  Christmas day we went to Jason's Grandparents & New Year's Day my family is coming to our house to celebrate.  We didn't have to travel this year, which was SPECTACULAR!!  I wonder if I can talk my family into coming to my house EVERY year?!


 Griff & Channy got these adorable aprons, chef hats & oven mitts from cousin O.  How cute!  If you want your very own, you can contact this talented gal.


Griff got some new paints. I think he's gonna be a lefty. (and a fantastic artist)



Christmas Eve we left out some cookies for Santa.  Griff left a note for Santa reminding him that he really wanted a train for Christmas--oh,and to enjoy the cookies & milk.


Christmas morning Griff was inspecting the plate & was so excited that Santa ate some of the cookies. 


He then ran to the living room to check out the loot.  (oh, do you see that old TV in the background? it is getting replaced very soon---a new TV is my Xmas present!)




Channy didn't care about her presents--but she sure was excited about the tootsie rolls that Santa left for Jason & me.




all those toys & she goes back to the darn tootsie rolls--next year Santa, lots & lots of tootsie rolls!



Griff patiently waited for Daddy to set up the train.


The living room floor was covered with plastic dishes & food. 
Christmas = big mess, but very happy kids!


We ventured to Jason's Grandma & Grandpa Y's house for lunch & more presents.



The little cousins got these fancy rockers for Christmas. 


They are so fun to watch.  Happy birthday O---he turned 1 the day after Christmas.



I love this picture.  Both babies getting some lovin' as Keith looks on. 


 Katie & Drew with the little ones--they entertained the kiddos all afternoon--it was great!


 And I'll leave you with a little musical number from Griff.  This was the most annoying present of 2010 (thus far--cuz we haven't opened my families presents yet).  I give you the microphone
(thank you little papa & nana b.) 


 baby, this one goes out to you


1 comment:

The Little House Frau said...

Thanks for the shout out! Glad the kiddos enjoyed their gifts. Looks like you've got a future American Idol on your hands :)