Sunday, June 7, 2009

Small & Easy Projects

OK, so the landscaping project was NOT easy, but watching Hubs put the caps on the retaining wall blocks on Saturday was. I didn't have to lift a finger for that one--except maybe to point & tell him where a cap didn't look level. Well, maybe he did get another finger when we were in the process of getting the caps at Menards & the baby & I were ready to eat my arm. I've noticed I'm overly irritable when I get hungry these days. WARNING: DO NOT DELAY FEEDING THE PREGNANT WOMAN!Remember this little chair? Sitting where my future buffet will be living? While I wait patiently for my buffet, I felt that the chair needed a lil sumptin sumptin. I used some scrapbook paper & Mod Podge and prettied it up.
Sorry about the glare....I purchased the shiny Mod Podge on accident.
Since I had the decoupage itch, I decided to give my 'memories' sign a face lift.
This is the wall you see when you walk in from our laundry room. I have such a hodgepodge of picture frames, but I kind of like that they don't all match. I might try to do all black & white photos in these frames at some point.
This project took a little more time than the chair because I had to cut up all the scrapbook pieces & glue them individually.
The picture doesn't really do it justice, but I think it looks really cute in person. I love what a little scrapbook paper & Mod Podge can do! Inexpensive & super easy!
Not much else accomplished this weekend....besides playing some golf, hanging with friends, spending some time with my sister, attending our book club meeting & walking in the Cancer Walk. No wonder the weekends fly by--they are always jam-packed with activities! I'm so excited because I've figured out what I'm going to be doing for Bub's big boy room. I hit Hobby Lobby with my MIL on Friday and found some great things. I now have the majority of the decor--just need to get the big boy bed & bedding. We'll be tackling that project & the toy room sometime in the next few months. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i just love your decorating ideas. i wish i was a little more artistic. i may have to hire you to come down and re-do some of my stuff:)

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Looks great Amy. I have that same memories thing with a collage of photos around it. I too love the mismatched photo frames, all of mine are.