Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dresser Redo

I wish I would have taken better "before" pictures so you could appreciate the finished product more, but this is all I got. These dressers belonged to Hub's great-grandma. My MIL was nice enough to give them to us, and nice enough to let me do whatever I wanted with them. They are in great shape---just needed a little paint job.I sanded them down and painted them black. I found some very reasonable hardware at Target. The big dresser and night stand are going to go into Bubs' big boy room. Once the toy room is complete I can focus on Bubs' room. The walls in the toy room are primed and ready for some color...stay tuned!

There was another piece in the set. I have been searching for a buffet, but didn't want to spend lots of money. My MIL wasn't using this dresser either, so she let me have it also. 3 pieces for FREE!!! YIPPEE!! It fits nicely in that space and it gives me more storage for my dish towels & such. I haven't decided what is going to go on top of the "buffet", but I had to throw something up there for the picture.
I had my eye on some pretty knobs from Anthropologie that were $6.00 a piece. I needed 12 knobs & after shipping and handling, well, it was more than I wanted to spend. I visited the local Hobby Lobby and found these beauties for $2.99 each. The sales lady explained that I had just missed the 50% off knob sale. DARNIT! But, she did say they would go on sale again in the next week or two and I could bring my receipt back in for a price adjustment. ROCK ON LADY!

I know it needs a little more color, but I figure I'll be pulling out my fall decor very soon & that will liven up the "buffet". Until then, I've got bigger issues to focus on....off to shop for a big boy bed!

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Love it! Can't wait to see Griffin's space with these. Good to know about the knob sale, I have my eye on some black and white knobs at HL. My friend found a cool black bed for her toddler at sofa mart in marion. May want to check it out?

MadKanga said...

Okay- catching up on a million posts and blogs tonight! A GIRL???? wonder what that would be like! Let me know- maybe someday...Maternity Bathing Suit Equals Great Depression. Good luck with that one. But, better to be seen in one and they know you're pregnant than just fat, you know? Guess there's a bright side to everything! And, love those dressers! What a nice MIL- does she have any other stuff she wants to get rid of?

michelle stratton said...

Very Cute!! Love it when I come across "project" blogs!!
I have a few projects going of my own, I like to see what others are doing!!