Thursday, August 20, 2009

More on the toy room....

Last Friday Hubs & I took the little man to the local pool or "big pool" as Bubs calls it. Bubs only visited the pool 3 times this summer. That is exactly why Mommy & Bubs have such pathetic tans. Oh well, keeping the skin cancer odds a little lower I guess. It is sad that summer is drawing to an end. Golf league is over (still have a couple of tournaments left), the pool closed Sunday, & kids are back in school. Where did the summer go? Just means that we are that much closer to Bubs turning 2 and this little girl popping out!!

The toy room is coming along. This wall needs some more work. The big white spot is where the chalkboard/magnetic board is going (Grandpa B. painted it today....don't have picture yet). The white stripes are going to be covered by red painted boards.
We are reusing the light fixture that was in the nursery. Since I will be working with a new color scheme in the new nursery, & this fixture won't quite fit, I didn't want this fun light to go to waste. It is perfect for this room.

Grandpa & Grandma B. have been working hard since they returned from their Alaskan cruise. Our goal is to have this room & the big boy room done in 2 weeks for the big second birthday party. I think we'll be cutting it close! More pics this weekend.....I promise!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Love the toyroom! It's coming along so nicely! Bubs & baby girl are so lucky to have a fun place to play!!

The Little House Frau said...

Looks like a great place to play! And can I just say how much I adore you for admitting that you read US Weekly. From my first day of motherhood, I don't think I read anything other than magazines until Hannah turned 2. Even then, I would only admit to reading Newsweek or PEOPLE. Your mojo will return. Amen.