Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nursery Almost Complete

I couldn't wait to share some pictures of the nursery. It is almost complete---just a few small items to get . Hubs & I had planned to wait until after Griff's birthday to paint the room, but Hubs....YES, HUBS, couldn't wait to get it done. I think he's pretty excited to be having a baby girl. This room is such a huge change from Griff's nursery.
SO feminine!
We brought the cabinet up from the spare bedroom. Grandpa B. made that for us when we lived in our Washington house. We had found an old window in a shed & he turned it into this pretty thing. I'm glad we were able to put it somewhere where people can actually see it now. The changing table was Griff's. It was an old dresser from Jason's grandma's house.

Yes, the "G" on the wall is the first initial in our baby girl's name.....but I'm not ready to share the name yet. Soon enough!

The bedding came from Land of Nod (one of my FAVORITE stores). I love how the lavender looks with the green on the walls! I sprayed the window above the bed with a sealer to prevent any paint chips from falling into the crib. Pretty sure this old window was painted with lead paint. I then stapled some scrapbook paper to the window to pretty it up. The lamps I had--I just spray painted them white & threw on an inexpensive purple shade I found at Target. I added the crystal bling & the little flowers. Very girlie! The little chandelier in the corner of the room came from a thrift store. I spray painted it white & added some short candles & some little green crystal beads. The shelf on the wall was a wedding gift. I painted it white & accessorized it with some picture frames from Hobby Lobby, & a pitcher & teapot I found at the local consignment store.

The nightstand next to the rocker came from the curb. REALLY! I was sitting outside at the hospital having lunch one day & saw a college student throw it to the curb. I love when the college students are moving out---they set all their unwanted furniture on the curb & everything is free for the taking!!! Stupid girl, couldn't you see it's potential? I guess one man's junk IS another man's treasure. Several coats of paint & new hardware & voila! The curtains came from Target & the finials on the curtain rod used to be blue. I spray painted them lavender to match the rest of the room.
We painted the room green just in case the ultrasound was wrong & the boy parts were hiding....and I did keep the receipts for the bedding & curtains. Hopefully I won't have to pull out the old bedding & boy decor. Now my heart is set on a girl!
Well, I'm actually hoping we don't have anymore BIG projects for quite some time. Time to start focusing on baby's arrival & stocking up on the essentials. I bought my first dress yesterday....oh what fun that was! We can afford to spoil the baby when Children's Place has clothes marked down to $1.99!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!! LOVE IT! purple and green are my favs. i never was able to experience the "girlie" look so it is fun to see other do it. jason will be great with a little girl, it will do him good.

Casey Lin Fitness said...

The room looks so great Amy. I love it all. I love the green and white combo. It is so cute that Jason is excited for the girl.

Hayley said...

Amy - the baby's room looks SOO good! I love it! Will you come re-decorate my house!! :) You're so talented! I can't wait for Baby Girl Becker to arrive!

Our Family said...

Been meaning to comment on here forever! I LOVE LOVE this room. So cute. You are so talented!!!