Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beautiful Fall Weekend

The weekend started off by Griffin cooking breakfast.
He made waffles & they were delicious.He tries to be so helpful.
He helps cook....he helps vacuum.....he helps fold laundry. Of course everything takes 20 minutes longer because he wants to help. I love that he wants to do what Mommy & Daddy are doing.....even if it takes all day!
Saturday I went to Des Moines to visit my sister, spend a lot of money at Babies R Us & get a massage. I hadn't had a massage in over a year & I was definitely due for one. The masseuse told me I had a lot of tension in my shoulders & suggested I get a monthly massage---I strongly agreed. Hubs strongly disagreed. If I win the lottery or money starts growing on trees I'll be scheduling monthly, scratch that, weekly spa days.

Today we visited the local apple orchard. I didn't realize how much walking was involved. Thank goodness for the hay rack ride back to the car!


Griffin had a blast picking the apples & he loved running around the orchard.








We were able to pick about 10 pounds worth of yummy apples. Can't wait to make some apple crisp, applesauce, & some apple turnovers.

I'm glad we took a family picture, but by this point in the afternoon, I was exhausted, sweaty & starting to get a little grumpy. Wish someone would have told me to cover up those fat arms! Oh, the joys of pregnancy. Griff also picked out a pumpkin that we'll
be carving in the next couple of weeks.
What a great fall day!
Oh, and the Hawkeyes whooped up on Penn State last night--Hell yeah!
And that's what ya call a perfect weekend!

5 comments:

Casey Lin Fitness said...

You do not have fat arms! Cute pics. Soon as B gets his arm cast off, we are heading to the Orchard to take some fall pictures and get some apples.

The Little House Frau said...

YUM! You shoudl try this with some of your apples!

Easy Apple Dumplings

4 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
2 tubes of regular or butter flake cresent rolls
2 sticks of butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ cups sugar
1 12 oz can mountain dew

Wrap each cresent triangle around each apple quarter, set in 9 x 13 in baking dish
Melt butter on low, add sugar and cinnamon; pour over wrapped apples
Last step!-- Pour can of pop over the entire dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Bree Shaw said...

love the pictures! you got some great ones of griff.

The Grier Family said...

Great pics! Love the one of him in the tall grass...it's like a senior picture pose!:) Looks like you guys had a great family outing.

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Thanks for the comments on the island...you should of just stopped in when you drove by. I love visitors...I am planning on having everyone over for a "soup" supper before the next home game, so plan on that!