Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Treats

I love fall.
I love when it is actually cool enough to wear a scarf. Sure, you can be stylish and wear scarves all year round, but in 90 degree heat, ringing the perspiration out of your scarf just isn't cool...or attractive. I love curling up with a blanket, a good book & a cup of coffee. Oh wait, I have a 2 year old, when do I have time do do those relaxing things? Prior to children, I loved sitting with a warm soft blanket. Nowadays those blankets are used for forts or playing peek-a-boo. My new favorite scent of the season.
"Leaves " by Bath & Body Works.
Smells so yummy!

I love wearing fleece.
Of course, I cannot zip up any of my fleece jackets right now....maybe next fall.




Time to break these babies out. I was reluctant to buy a pair of Uggs, but they have turned out to be the greatest shoe I have ever purchased. LOVE them!

And I cannot forget to mention all the edible treats of the season. After we visited the apple orchard, I tackled an apple turnover recipe. They were delicious!





Last weekend I made a pot of chili, cinnamon rolls & apple crisp. My FAVORITE fall meal!


I also made applesauce & some other homemade goodies. I did have some helpers baking with me in the kitchen.

& I did have some helpers eating up the treats!
Aunt Rachel made us some pumpkin bars---The plate of bars didn't last very long at our house.
No treat ever does!
(So glad I'm not on a diet right now)

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

leaves is one of my favorite scents from B & B too. all your sweets look delicious!

The Grier Family said...

You are inspiring! We went to an orchard today, but I am a slacker. I bought one of their yummy turnovers, and my bag of apples is untouched on the counter! Maybe another night I'll be able to channel you're energy and ambition!