Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back to life...

We've been SICK at our house. Super sick. Like possibly H1N1 sick. A week and a 1/2 ago Griffin developed a cough & fever......as did our daycare provider & her family. Griff was tested for influenza---which apparently those rapid tests aren't the most accurate. It was negative. Our daycare provider & her family saw their doctor & weren't tested, but were told with their symptoms they had H1N1. So, basically, I'm assuming little man had it also---and proceeded to pass it to Mommy, Daddy & Grandma B. Oh let me tell you, last week was a blast! I even got the H1N1 vaccine...of course I got this a day before my symptoms started. But, we are better now...after nebulizer treatments, motrin, tylenol, neti pots, nyquil, dayquil, sudafed, & robitussin....just some lingering coughing & sinus congestion.
We HAD to get better--we were hosting Keith & Rachel's baby shower at our house Saturday night. The shower went well & Keith & Rachel got a lot of good stuff for their little babe.

Rachel is due January 6th, check out her cute little baby bump.

A picture of the hostesses with the guest of honor. (Sonya, Me, Rach, Amber & Jenna)

From the looks of the picture below, Rachel is going to have a 7# baby....I'm going to have a 12# watermelon!
(Me 34wks; Rach 30wks)

Since we are all feeling better in our house, today I went out for some much needed girl time. Rachel, Lea & I ate lunch at Olive Garden & got a pedicure.


Hopefully I can keep these toes looking this nice until delivery time. I'd be mortified if my toes were unpolished when I was in labor. There's a lot of scary stuff going on below the waist these days, the least I can do is pretty up my feet. But I'm to the point where I can't bend over to do them myself & I will NOT ask Hubs for assistance. I made that mistake when I was pregnant with Griff. Yikes! Bless his heart, he tried, but I didn't just have red toenails, I had red toes!


It was nice to get away for a couple of hours....but I was happy to get home & spend the rest of Sunday with my HEALTHY family!

No comments: