Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Facelift..er Face Off..whatever

So, Nicky at Momma Gets Real started this Friday Face Off thing where she tags people and they spill their guts about their beauty regimen. Nicky tagged Casey at Our Wetjen Moments & Casey tagged me. So, I guess I'm "it". I'm pretty sure this was one big ploy to get me to tell the world how I leave my house everyday looking like this:Well, I suppose I will play along & reveal my secrets. Take notes people. It's not easy being this beautiful. I first start washing this 31 year old mug with some Clean & Clear daily pore cleanser. Love this stuff. Works like a charm.

Then I slather the pits with some Secret deodorant (scent: shower fresh).
Good stuff my friends. I have some serious dry skin in the winter. Peeling, scaly, pasty white skin.
VERY SEXY.
I need some Vasoline intensive rescue all over the bod.
All Over.



Then the face gets a little treat with Olay Complete sensitive lotion.


Here's a fact folks: I don't know makeup, nor do I pretend to. I don't particularly like it, and I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for it. I use this Cover Girl foundation as a concealer under my eyes & wherever I may have an unwelcome zit. My color of choice is Buff Beige.


I did however splurge on some eye shadow from Estee Lauder. I think it stays on my eyelids better than other shadow. Maybe not. Maybe I just bought the stuff because it came with some free Estee Lauder bag. Who knows. I've had it for some time now. Does this stuff expire?

I throw on a little Cover Girl mascara....waterproof these days. Lack of sleep makes this girl melt down a little too often.


A little bronzer to give the face some color. I like Estee Lauder. Again, probably was purchased because of a pretty freebie.


I literally spend 30 seconds on my hair. People ask me if I'll ever grow my hair out. I simply reply "Hell NO." 4 out of 5 days a week I am late to work, so if I had to spend anymore time on this head, I would obviously be late 5 out of 5. That kind of tardiness can get a girl fired. I can't afford for that to happen, so I'll leave the locks short. I can always buy extensions if I feel the need for a french braid. Pretty sure I'd look smokin' if I were sporting a french braid.

I run some of this control paste from Aveda through the hair....once I did a poor job of working it through my hair & had a big glob of it in the back of my head. Hubs honestly thought someone sneezed in my hair & it was a big snot ball. Nope, just my hair product babe.
HAWT.

Then I give it a quick spray with Aveda's Brilliant Medium Hold Spray.
And that be it in the hair department. I can honestly say I've never owned a crimper, a straightener, or a hair brush. Once, many moons ago, I had a pick & a very small curling iron. My mom also used to give me perms.
It is a miracle boys ever talked to me.


If I'm feeling crazy I give the lips a coat of Aveda Lip Tint (color apricot)

Spray on a little Victoria's Secret VERY SEXY DARE & I'm out the door.

During the day I rely on this faithful product. I love me some Chapstick. At night I make sure I put some on before going to bed.


I also wash the face again with my trusty Clean & Clear before hitting the pillow.

And there you have it.
All my beauty secrets revealed.
The morning process takes about 10 minutes. I think I can get ready faster than Hubs. But to be honest, in the last 10 (almost 11) weeks I've probably skipped a few of those steps. Some days it's the mascara, other days it's the deodorant. (gross, I know). Lack of sleep has turned me into the smelly ugly kid at work. So, if you ever see me with the bag on my head, just assume we had a rough night & I didn't have time to beautify.


Well, we have to keep the fun alive, so I'm going to tag my good friend Megan at The Grier Family & I'm hoping my blogger friend Heather at Our Family will play along!



2 comments:

Nicky said...

LOL! Thanks for the fun! We all needed a little pick me up after all this snow dreadfulness. By the way, I'll be waiting to see your post on french braids. Have a great weekend!

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Too funny Amy. I wish I had the balls to cut my hair short. I am so looking forward the french braid and extensions blog.