Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Wish List

I'm not expecting anything for V-day.
Really, I'm not.
With two kids in diapers, two kids in daycare, 1 kid eating us out of house & home, and another kid sucking down pricey formula....I'd be happy with a heartfelt Hallmark card. No sense in spending oodles and oodles of money on flowers & candy. Flowers die, candy makes you fat. But if you're gonna drop some cash on V-day, get a gift that's sure to last. Here are just a few of my picks. Hubs, if you're reading, no pressure. Please don't feel obligated to spoil the very deserving lady that puts up with tax season year after year. Really, I promise I'm not expecting you to use any money from our tax return on a small token of appreciation for me cleaning your house, doing your laundry, fixing the meals, & taking care of the kids.
I don't need anything but your love.
Really.
Seriously.
I'm just throwing out some ideas in case you get a wild hair & decide the wonderful mother of your two children deserves a special treat this year.

Hello pretty Nikon camera. Oh, the gorgeous pictures I could take with you.




Lovely floral bedding from Pottery Barn. How you would brighten up my bedroom!




Elegant Anthropologie bracelet. I'm really into the flowers this year (but just the fake kind).



Nifty little clutch from J.Crew. Pair that with a LBD. What a bold accessory.


Lovin' this statement necklace from Ann Taylor Loft.



Also diggin' the ruffles. What a feminine little cami from J.Crew.




I want a big comfy couch full of these pillows from Pier 1. All different colors!





And if you REALLY want to brighten my day, I'd love to have this light fixture from Pottery Barn hanging above my dining room table. (might be a little much for a V-day present!)


To be honest, what I truly want cannot be purchased. What I would like more than anything in the world is a night of uninterrupted sleep. Haven't had one of them in a VERY long time. Cupid, could you please send me some zzzzs?

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Great stuff!! Is reading your blog how you and your hubby communicate during tax season!? :) haha! Just kidding! But I know the feeling! Hopefully Apr 15th will come fast and you can have your husband back. (And as a bonus - some Spring weather!) Miss ya!

Rachel Becker said...

A full night's sleep...that's just what I asked Keith for last night! I wonder if all mom's think alike?