Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Tonight I worked on getting the house ready for Christmas. I have a lot more decorations, but I want to keep things simple this year. It seems weird having the Christmas tree up & we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet. I'm really into gold. I do think the mantel needs a little more color, but this is how it will look this holiday season. I'm excited to get a picture of both of the kids with Santa this year. I already have a pretty Christmas dress purchased for the new little one.

My MIL gave me the gold nativity scene. I LOVE it!
And here's the tree. I think I about gave Hubs a heart attack when I was standing up on the ladder decorating the top of the tree. It still needs a little work--but I think the house is pretty much ready for Christmas.
Next up.....wrapping presents

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Very pretty! You are so talented! I wish I had half the decorating skills you do! My house looks like a college dorm compared to yours!! :) haha! I try.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with Hayley!!! I've got the dorm-thing going for me, too!!

Bree Shaw said...

looks gorgeous! i would have loved to have met you a couple of weeks ago too. maybe next time....

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Looks gorgeous Amy! I am big into gold too, and red. Those are my main Christmas staple colors.

MadKanga said...

Looks great. It is 1 a.m. and I can't sleep. I wonder if you are giving birth right now. : )