Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is This Nesting?

So, I don't remember "nesting" with Griffin, but I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I was doing today. This morning Hubs, Griff & I went to Lowes, Menards & Walmart to stock up on all the essentials...batteries, light bulbs, kleenex, cleaning supplies, diapers, baby wipes...you know, the fun stuff. Then, this afternoon I cleaned my floors & the bathrooms, did the laundry, washed the sheets, cleaned out two cupboards, made supper, baked 6 dozen cookies, took my son to see Santa Claus & cleaned up the kitchen. I don't know where all this energy came from, but my guess is this is "nesting". So, today is the due date.
And I still have this precious girl inside me. I thought for sure I was going to go early with her-- not so much. I'm guessing I'll be waiting on her the rest of my life. I suppose I might as well get used to it now.

(me, 40 weeks pregnant)

Tonight we came upon Santa's footprints.
Funny, I didn't know Santa's shoes had his initials on the bottom of them. Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Griff was fascinated with Santa.
I think he was frightened a little at first, but warmed up to him quickly & kept wanting to go back to look at him.


Griff told Santa he wanted "cars & Bob books" for Christmas. Thing is, I think they stopped making Bob the Builder books. I've looked several places & so has some of my family. Too bad. Griff really loves Bob. But, if anyone can find Bob books, it would be Santa. Hopefully Santa is internet savvy & can get on Amazon.com or Ebay & maybe order some gently used books.

Last night after I got a pedicure (toes were super scary looking), I stopped at Hobby Lobby & picked up a few ornaments for Griffin's Christmas tree. HL had cute little football, basketball, soccer, & baseball ornaments.

Griff loved decorating the tree.....for about 2 minutes. Then his attention deficit kicked in.

I finished the tree & we put it in his room on his dresser. He does love the final product & loves to go into his room & admire the tree.


Something else we are excited about...Our Church is collecting money for children in Puerto Rico & each family is to put money into this little white box & take it to the Christmas Eve service. Griff loves putting money in the box & we love hearing him say "Puerto Rico". It is hilarious! It's never too early to start teaching about giving.


Well, after all the activity today, I'm exhausted. Hopefully the next time I blog, I'll be blogging about little baby "C".

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

definetly nesting!!! maybe tonight is the night:) i may have some bob books, i will check.

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY call that nesting!! I read the blog yesterday (on your due date) and the baby ticker said 0, which makes sense. I was curious what it would say today and it says 1...thought maybe it would say -1! It will be so soon! My little girl didn't want to join the world quite as much as I wanted her to either!

Nicky said...

typical girl... she wants to make a grand entrance!