Saturday, March 20, 2010

Invasion of Thomas The Train

Since the weather took a turn for the worse & we are AGAIN cooped up inside, I decided to pull out Griff's Thomas tent....partly because I needed to get a little cleaning done, also because once in awhile I need to tend to my other child, and maybe because Momma wanted to blog a bit.
Selfish, I know.
Don't judge.
Just so you know, Channing is napping right now & Griff is sitting next to me getting Doritos crumbs all over my clean kitchen floor. So, I'm not really ignoring my children.


The train is perfect for our basement, but might be a tad bit large for the upstairs.

Who cares, the kid is in heaven.

Last night Griff had his first ice cream sandwich. (I know, wow, I feed my kid healthy foods....again, don't judge.) Many would say it really isn't ice cream weather, but in our house, it is ice cream weather all year round.

When I took this picture it hadn't started to snow yet. Unfortunately when we woke up this morning the ground was covered with the white stuff.


I've been noticing lately that Griff writes....ok, more like scribbles, with his left hand. He holds his eating utensils with his right hand & I've seen him hold the baseball bat & golf club with both. Might have an ambidextrous kid on our hands.


Griff has really started to love his sister. He likes to read to her & can't go to bed at night without giving her a kiss.

He LOVES books.
He's quite partial to Thomas The Train books, Good Night Moon, Big Red Barn, & The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Channing loves to sit in her exersaucer. She's starting to move around more & rolling to her side & loving it. She still needs to be swaddled at night, eating like a little piggy, & is no where close to sleeping through the night. We are practicing some tough love with Griff. Since we brought Channing home from the hospital we have been doing the terrible thing of pulling him into our bed when he wanders into our room in the night. Dumb move on our part, but hey, you do what ya gotta do to get some sleep. We've recently decided that the 30lb kid is taking up too much room in our queen sized bed. Either we invest in a king size bed, or the kid sleeps in his own room. We decided to go the least expensive route & are working with Griff to get him to stay in his room at night. Based on the bags under Hubs' & my eyes, you might say that things aren't going great. It has been a rough few nights, but we're certain it will pay off in the long run.

I keep telling myself that one of these nights we will ALL sleep through the night. Please send us some good sleep vibes. We could use all the help we can get!

No comments: