Friday, April 3, 2009

VIP

So, let me tell you about one of the greatest nights of my life. The most amazing thing happened to my friend Amy & I. We were driving down to KC to see our girl Brit, and Amy had Facebook pulled up so we could stay up on all the "news". Amy's hairstylist posted a comment that mentioned he was going to be "ringside at the Circus." OK, cool. Then Amy talked to him & he was going to be in the Power & Light District & we should go meet him & his boyfriend there for a pre-game cocktail. OK, very cool. Well, my BNF Michelle was driving around in some lavish stretch Escalade....something like that---and then consuming cold beverages at some establishment "near a clock"....or something like that. Unfortunately were not able to meet up (really had NO clue where she was), but we talked & texted a lot during & after the concert, so it felt like we were watching the concert together. I think she was a little envious of my situation......oh, so let me tell you a little about my situation......So Amy & I drove almost directly to the Sprint Center. We parked 2 blocks away....walked to the Power & Light District & met up with Amy's stylist. What a gem of a guy. He tells us of his good fortune of not only receiving 1 set of VIP tickets to Britney from a client of his, but he somehow received 2 sets. Instead of scalping the VIP tickets (which may have gone for $250+ a piece), he decided to pay it forward & offer us 30something moms the 2 extra tickets. OMG!!!! We thought about giving away our tickets & paying it forward again, but we weren't 100% sure the extra VIP tickets were legit & we WERE NOT willing to risk NOT seeing Britney. (I definitely paid it forward in the parking ramp on the way out of the concert...dumb college girls...lucky for them it is illegal to run people over....that is a whole other story I'm not going to get into on this post) Well, we held our breath as the little ticket man scanned the printed off tickets....and JACKPOT. We were in like flint! I mean, seriously, someone freakin' pinch me. This stuff just doesn't happen to me!!
This is Amy & I in the Power & Light District. Awesome atmosphere. It was probably 40 degrees out & there were some VERY scantily clad girlies sauntering around. Luckily there were heat lamps above us and it felt much warmer. I loved to be with a gay hairstylist. Sassy, witty, and brutally honest about hair. Luckily he thought my hairdo was fab.

Here are our wristbands for the VIP area. I'm keeping mine forever. I contemplated NEVER taking it off, but decided the band would get ruined if I didn't.

This is Amy's hairstylist & his boyfriend. What wonderful peeps. I think it made them so happy that they made us EXTREMELY happy. Love those two guys!
The Pussycat Dolls opened for Britney. They were really good. I honestly didn't think I would know many of their songs....I actually knew them all. I most definitely couldn't sing word for word, but I had heard all the songs they sang--and I actually think they did do their own singing. Now Britney, not so much.

We are still in shock. What a surreal experience. Front row at Britney!! There were seats directly in front of us--like I could stroke the hair of the person sitting in front of us. Those silly people spent $1200 for a seat in that area. As my mom would say, "they need their head examined." Don't get me wrong, the PCD & Britney are phenomenal, but $1200? WTF.
Perez Hilton introduced Britney. His large melon on the screen frightened me a little, but I found the introduction very fitting.
Can you believe how close we are to her? Now remember people, my camera sucks. Sucks something real bad. So I have NO special zooming features that would make objects appear closer than they really are. This is REALLY how close we were to her.
I think I took about 200 pictures. The majority of the pictures are of Brit's back. She's a quick little mover & shaker.

I must say that Britney's dancers are amazing.
AMAZING.
The Circus theme was genius.
Britney's songs are brilliant.
What a spectacular concert.
I know some of our friends made fun of our excitement for Brit, and family members thought we were ridiculous for driving 4 1/2 hours to see her, but NOBODY can EVER take away the fact that
1) I saw Britney Spears in concert &
2) I saw her VIP style.
This is definitely a story I will be
telling my Great-Grandchildren.
(and anyone else willing to listen)
Thanks Amy (& Britney) for the great memories!

1 comment:

MadKanga said...

Hit me baby one more time! NO YOU DIDN'T. While you were that close, you should have given her some advice on K-Fed. Loser. But, shaving your head isn't the answer either. I'm glad it's all grown back nicely, otherwise the gay hairstylist might have had issues over it.