Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day For Mothers

Happy Mom's Day!!
I've been enjoying Mother's Day--Husband let me sleep in & fill my plate first at brunch (although I think it is more work to get your plate first because then you have to share your food with the kid....so maybe that wasn't a nice gesture, maybe it was a strategic move to get out of feeding Bubs...hmmmm.)
Anyways, Bubs wasn't into eating because right across the street was a large playground. Grandpa B. pointed it out to Bubs before we went into the restaurant. Not smart Grandpa, not smart at all. 1/2 way through the meal Bubs had a meltdown and wanted desperately to go outside and play. Luckily Keith & Rach happily grabbed him and let me finish my meal in peace. Thanks guys!
So last night Hubs & I had a little date night. We played some golf, ate some pizza and got some groceries. Very romantic. I don't think we've had a date in years where we didn't end the night at Super Wal-mart stocking up on the essentials. Last night we were celebrating our anniversary. Tomorrow I will have been married to my sweet man for 7 wonderful years.
For our anniversary (and Mother's Day), Hubs surprised me with a new set of golf clubs. I think he was seriously worried I was going to quit the game---but if he bought me some expensive golf clubs, I had NO choice but to keep playing.
Pretty sneaky, eh? The clubs are awesome. Huge step up from what I was playing with.
And I got matching shoes! (bad picture though)
Well, I shot 50 last night with the new clubs. Not bad. I guess I'll keep practicing. It is amazing what a difference these new clubs make.
If my game isn't pretty, at least I'll be with my new green golf bag & shoes! Thanks babe!
Happy 7th Anniversary, Love of My Life!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

LOVE the clubs. LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes! And a 50? Holy crap I'd be in golf heaven if I shot a 50. Here's to a summer of no 'whiffs' (and Miller Chill for me, but not for you). Happy Mom's Day.