Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This, That & The Other

I'm still here.
Just got busy with life.
Also, this baby is sucking the life out of me.
Bedtime is typically 9pm.
Wow, it's 9:15, I'm pulling a late one tonight.
Best hurry & give the weekend report so I can get to bed.
This past weekend we went to my parent's house.
It was nice to be back home & see everyone.
We stopped by my Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Grandpa E. recently celebrated his 89th birthday.
Bubs thought the birthday balloon &
the musical card were the greatest things.
No sense in spending tons of money on toys when
I can buy the kid a balloon & keep him entertained (& quiet) for days.


I'm glad we were able to spend some time with my family.
I know they were thrilled to see Bubs.

When we got home Sunday, Grandma & Grandpa B. were at our door.
Surprise Bubs!!
You now have your very own "WEEEEE".
He calls all swing sets a "WEEEEE".
We have to avoid driving by the playgrounds in town.
He screams "WEEEEE" & then gets mad if we don't stop & let him go down the slide.
Luckily our high school babysitter's family was willing to part with their swing set.
We are so very grateful!
Do you know how much those suckers cost?
Yikes!
Grandma B, Grandpa B. & Husband worked on the swing set while Bubs took a nap.

We still need to get another swing & a sandbox
but not too shabby for the super low price of FREE!
Bub's reaction was hilarious.
He couldn't believe this was HIS swing set!


I was looking outside tonight after Bubs went to bed.
It is hard to believe this is my yard,
with my swing set.
I feel like such a parent.
Don't get me wrong, it is a great thing.
It is just hard for me to believe that I'm a mature (most of the time), 30 year old mother of 1 and a quarter children.
Makes me smile.
So since I've been exhausted beyond belief, I have done very little around the house. (just ask Hubs) I haven't even put together a cute little table I got a few weeks ago. Pathetic! Hopefully after the first trimester my creativity & energy will return.
While the family was working on the swing set Sunday, I spent some time with a can of black spray paint. Don't worry, I did it in a well ventilated area as to not get the baby high on the fumes. This little antique chair in my entryway needed a serious face lift. Now I just need to fill my basket with some pretty flowers......and get some sort of poison to kill the damn bird that keeps trying to make a nest in the basket on the front door.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Let me know if you figure out what kills the bird. Becuase I've got a whole treeful right outside my bedroom window that wake up at 5:45every morning. And it is all I can take anymore...