Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Projects

So, I was a little more ambitious this weekend. I seem to have more energy than I've had the past few weeks. Might have had something to do with the fact that Husband let me sleep in both Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and I took naps BOTH days. What a life! Here's a little project I threw together Sunday afternoon. I had another antique chair I got from my MIL. I spray painted this one black also. I thought about painting it a fun funky color, but I figured I'd start with black and see how I liked it. I put together my cheapo Wal-mart table that caught my eye a couple of weeks back when I was supposed to be grocery shopping. Threw some books & a lamp I had down in storage on it. I found the little pillow at Dollar General. This area really serves no purpose, because honestly, nobody is going to sit in the chair & read. I'm hoping one day my money tree will produce enough cash for me to afford the buffet I'm wanting to put in that space. Until then, this will have to do.The other project we tackled involved some dark curtains & the Bubster's room. Our hope is that with the dark curtains, Bubs will sleep past 5:50AM on the weekends. Little stinker!
We never got around to hanging curtains in his room. In fact, the only room in the house that has curtains is our bedroom. I have a hard time deciding on curtains. I always have grand ideas of making my own, but I just never get around to it. We decided Saturday AM that this kid waking up with the teensiest bit of sunlight shining in his room was going to have to stop. What happened to sleeping in until 7? Oh, how we miss those days.
I found some heavy navy curtains at Target. Hubs hung them Sunday afternoon. I seriously hope they do the trick, because next weekend it is my turn to get up with little man!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When Bubs is a teenager, you won't be able to wake him until noon. Hold onto that thought. (And yes, I am at that wonderful point in my life, after having 3 children who woke up early as little kids.)

Sheryl

Casey Lin Fitness said...

If those don't work, I got some great "light blocking ones from Target" that work amazing. It gets super dark in my bubbas room~
Thanks for letting me borrow the Twilight books.