Thursday, January 7, 2010

Channing 4 weeks old

Hard to believe this tank was 4 weeks old on Tuesday. She keeps growing & growing. Since the holidays are over with, my newest challenge is trying to get her to sleep more at night & not so much during the day. Unfortunately that task isn't going so well. The girl has her days & nights mixed up. I try to keep her up more during the day, but she starts to get overly tired & VERY cranky. Then Momma starts to get cranky. Bad combo. Channing loves her swing. I also love her swing. That seems to be our go-to at 2AM when she can't seem to get comfortable anywhere else. Hubs & I just keep reminding ourselves that she is ONLY 4 weeks old. Some babies do not sleep through the night until they are 11 months old (right Hubs?). I think the most frustrating part is that Griff has decided he needs to be getting up during the night also....& it is usually after we've put Channing back to sleep & are starting to fall back to sleep ourselves. At this point we would be elated if just ONE kid would sleep through the night!
Aah, parenthood.She might have my eyes, but she still has Daddy's cheeks!

And what is up with this weather?

Can it get any colder?

Could we get any more snow?

Yes & Yes.

I'm happy to be warm & cozy in my house, but it would be nice to be able to start taking Channing out into the world. I was hoping to be able to walk the mall with her by now, but it is too dang cold to be taking my newborn out. I guess our mother/daughter shopping sprees will have to wait.


Oh, & How about them Hawkeyes?!

My kiddos really enjoyed the victory!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Soooo cute! Love the pic of Channing and Griff together! She's even smiling!! So precious! Good luck with the sleeping schedule!! :)

Casey Lin Fitness said...

4 weeks already! So cute! This cold weather bites the big one!