Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hodgepodge

Brace yourselves....VERY LONG POST AHEAD!!! We've had a busy 2 weeks. Griff & Hubs got the stomach bug that was going around. Griff also had ear infection. Good times. But the illness couldn't keep the little guy down. He was still busy building forts & making a mess!
But he did get a little rest. This is a rare moment. The kid is constantly going 100 miles an hour.

Here he is modeling his winter coat for next year. Gotta LOVE the Outlet Mall end of the season sales (and MIL spoiling the kids rotten! THANKS!!!) He is also sporting my socks.

Sexy legs buddy! Channing is 7 weeks old today. Hard to believe this is my last week of maternity leave. It has gone by so quickly. I'm ready to get back into my normal routine, but I'm also a little sad to take my princess to daycare.


For the most part, she's a pretty happy baby. She loves to lay on a blanket & play. She smiles a lot & loves to watch big brother act silly.

Unfortunately, she's still not sleeping through the night. She hates her crib. HATES her crib! She sleeps in her swing or in her little vibrating chair. We've tried the crib numerous times, but she'll sleep soundly for about an hour & then wake up screaming. I don't think it is a reflux issue because she doesn't mind laying flat when we play. Pretty sure she's just a high maintenance little lady. We'll keep working on the crib & one of these days she's going to LOVE it!

I've done a couple more things around the house. Figure I won't have any free time once I go back to work! I added some shelves going down the stairs. I'm not sure if I love the frame arrangement, but I'll leave it for now. Changed up the decor on the buffet

My FIL found this old suitcase when he was cleaning out his attic. He was going to throw it away, but my MIL knew I could find a place for it. I love it!


I'd like a little collection of old suitcases. Until I get my stackable collection, this is where this guy will sit.



& I updated the pictures on the wall


And finally, A movie review.....sort of.


I love movies....except for The Lovely Bones. Not my cup of tea. I should have listened to my SIL's warnings. I should have checked out some reviews on the internet. I should have saved my $10. It stunk....like Griff's dirty pants (speaking of Griff, he initiated peeing in the potty twice on Saturday!!! nope, none on Sunday though). Anyway...my sister & I were excited to go to the movies. I love the high calorie popcorn & oh the joy I get when I add those plain M&Ms. I also love me some fountain Mt. Dew. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I love watching the previews for upcoming movies...I can even handle the stupid commercials/ads they throw in there once in a while. Well, the movie was too "out there" for me. The only thing that kept this sleep deprived girl awake was Dumb & Dumber sitting next to us. They came in after the previews, arms full of jumbo tubs of popcorn & the largest soda they could get. They were little people, so I thought WOW, that is a popcorn fan. 1/2 way through the movie the dude got up and got refills on both the popcorn & soda. He was a rather loud eater. CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH....wipes his hands on his napkin CRUMPLE, CRUMPLE, CRUMPLE. Slurps his soda & repeat. That wasn't the worst of it. The man & woman talked the ENTIRE movie. At first they were just making comments here & there. Then towards the end they were having a full-on conversation about every minute detail. And the man used a lot of profanity. Much to my sisters dismay, I shhh'd the guy quite loudly. It didn't phase him. The couple in front of us turned around & told him to shut up, but he didn't listen to them either. They were in their own little world. The movie may have been terrible, but this obnoxious couple next to us had my sister & I rolling by the end of the movie. It was just good to get out of the house & laugh!

I'll leave you with Griff reciting his ABC's. Toward the end of the alphabet everything kind of runs together.



1 comment:

Casey Lin Fitness said...

Thanks for the acne advice. Also, thanks for the movie review. I have wanted to go see that because I thought it looked pretty good. I think I will save my money and wait for it on netflix.