Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bubs is 18

In honor of Bubs turning 18....18mo. that is, I thought I would fill out this little Facebook survey: all about my baby.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? YES!! It took us awhile to get pregnant--but we were finally blessed.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes--almost 5 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? We found out New Year’s Eve 2006 several minutes before my sister and her husband arrived at our house. Jason & I were beaming.
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Sent Jason to get a pregnancy test—he was going to get a haircut at WalMart, so I figured he could pick me up this 1 item. Actually, I might have taken several tests, just to confirm.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hubs, then my sister.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes. I’m very impatient & this was something I could not wait for. I'm too much of a planner.
8. DUE DATE? Sept. 12. Day after my birthday.
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Never
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Everything--especially ice cream.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Living in the apartment while we waited for our house to be completed & golfing in nasty humid Iowa weather with ankles the size of my thighs.....and people making comments about how big I was & asking if I was sure there was only 1 baby in there. Oh, and how can I forget, I had a patient (male patient) ask me several times if I was going to breast feed. Don't you even be talking about my chest, ya perv.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Absolutely not. I was thrilled we had a healthy beautiful baby. Didn’t care about the sex.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? A few.
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Several (wonderful friends & family)
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew----I HEART Target Registry!!
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Lots of acid reflux. Several nights I woke up vomiting in my mouth. I lived on chewy Rolaids & had to sleep sitting up during the last month of pregnancy.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mercy Hospital, Iowa City
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 5; only had to push about 30 min. ( i know, i was very lucky)
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Husband was driving. It was funny, (OK, now it is funny, wasn't so much back then)as we were getting close to the hospital, the college students were on their way out to the bars. We actually had to stop and let a bunch of scantily clad girls cross the road. Good thing Hubs was driving. I probably would have run them all over. Inconsiderate bi#che$! Hello, I'm having a BABY!
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Jas, couple of nurses, my Dr....possibly someone from housekeeping, maybe someone from dietary, and most likely someone from human resources (probably checking to see how long I was going to be off on maternity leave). I actually have no idea who was in the room--I was too busy trying to figure out how to push "like you are having a bowel movement." Epidurals make it difficult to control what the lower half of your body is doing. (luckily, i did not have a bowel movement--i think husband would have been mortified)
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Of course. I'm no super hero. Epidurals are good.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lb 15 ¾ oz (could have sworn there was a 12lb baby in there)
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY Born? September 8, 2007 (09-08-07)..my mom was so excited about the date. I think it is easy for her to remember.
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Griffin Cole
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 18 months!!
*********************************************
Today we ventured to the airport to pick up Grandma & Grandpa B.
G&G took a nice little (well-deserved) vacation to San Antonio.
Bubs was thrilled to see G&G back home.
Mommy & Daddy were relieved to see G&G back home.
Not having our back-up babysitters around during tax season is scary!
We celebrated Bubs special day at Buffalo Wild Wings (his choice, i swear)

These past 18 months have gone so fast.
It makes me sad to think my baby is now a little toddler.
Time to have another??
Yes, I think so.

No comments: