Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mr. Negativity

NO!
NO!!
NO!!!

I hate the word "NO". I hear it all too often.

Me: Hubs, can I get a new car?
Hubs: NO.

Me: Hubs, don't you think we could use some new basement furniture?
Hubs: NO.

Me: Everything makes me look fat. Can I go shopping this weekend and buy some new clothes?
Hubs: NO.


I hear enough of the word "NO" from Hubs, but now Bubs has taken a liking to using that horrendous word. Remember when I said he could say about 13-14 words? Well we've regressed a bit. "NO" is the only thing coming out of this child's mouth. It is very frustrating & annoying, but I've decided to spin this negativity into something positive.

Me: Bubs, does this outfit make Momma look fat?
Bubs: NO.

Me: Bubs, do you love Daddy more than Mommy?
Bubs: NO.

Me: Bubs, is there any other Mommy prettier than me?
Bubs: NO!
Much better.
Good boy.
p.s. i realize i take a lot of pictures of bubs in his high chair--but this is the only way he sits still for a picture. he is also photographed quite a bit in his pajamas. it isn't because the kid doesn't have other clothes, (i assure you, this kid has a ridiculous amount of clothing) it is because we usually get home from work, feed bubs & then put him straight into pjs because his clothes are filthy.
p.s.s. those that read the blog probably never even recognized the high volume of high chair pics or the constant wearing of the jammies. i actually probably didn't even need to comment on that, but i feel better doing so.

1 comment:

JLAV said...

you are too funny! This blog is terrific and I love reading it each and every time. Thanks for making me smile each and every day.