Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I don't want YOU to grow up.....

My blogger friend Holly over at MadKanga just redid her son's room & posted some adorable pictures. Bubs is almost 19mo. old, and we'll be thinking about a big boy room sometime in the next year......so I figured I better post some pictures before we change things up. Our little beaver took quite a few chunks out of his crib rail, so in order to save what was left of the crib (and his teeth), I took a piece of scrap fabric, lovely stitch witchery & some velcro and covered up the rail. I'm certainly NOT buying another crib, so I'll just have to change out the fabric if a little girl should come along. Sorry future children, big brother distressed your crib....and not in a stylish, 'OH that's beautiful', kind of way! Bub's bedding came from Babies "R" Us. Well, I guess the crib sheet that is on the bed now is a Wal-Mart special. His little alphabet sheet is getting pretty thin & is currently in the wash. The alphabet canvas on the wall was purchased from some totally awesome website....I just can't remember where though. My father-in-law built the frame around it to make it stand out.
I got the little "V" shelves at Ikea. They are great for Bub's Little Golden Books collection. The fabric basket thingies on the floor came from Pottery Barn for Kids & Land of Nod. I wish I could afford more items from those stores. They are my inspiration! I find something I like there and then try to find a similar item for less somewhere else. I love the lights that are hanging from the ceiling. I got the fabric parts at some fun shop in Florida when we were there with Hub's family. I just knew they would go in my nursery someday. The actual light fixture came from Lowes.
The changing table was an old dresser that Hub's grandparents were getting rid of. They used to own an antique business & were cleaning out their storage area. I immediately fell in love with this piece. My father-in-law built up the top of the dresser so it looked more like a changing table. My mother-in-law painted the dresser & put the original knobs back on. I love it! The giraffe growth chart came from Uppercase Living. I had my father-in-law cut me a board so I could put the chart on something other than the wall. The basketball beanbag was Hubs when he was younger.
This shelf was an IKEA find. The cloth baskets are from Target.
So when Hubs & I were shopping for the nursery essentials, I had it in my mind that I HAD to have a Pottery Barn rocker. I begged, and begged, and begged. Hubs was certain we were NOT going to spend that much money. We were building a house & wherever we could cut costs were needed to. I finally came to my senses and settled for a Target glider. It has been a great rocker. When Bubs had RSV and we were constantly rocking him, it was so easy to pull that rocker into the living room so I could watch TV. I know, I'm a pathetic TV junkie!

Here's a picture of the bathroom. We went with a frog/fish/duck theme. It all turned out great, but I strongly recommend NOT building/decorating a house when you are pregnant/dealing with a newborn. With the next child I'll be able to focus all of my attention on their room---and won't be worrying about the rest of the rooms in the house.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of Bub's room. Although I am very excited to redo his room & have a big boy theme, it also makes me sad. My little goofball is growing up WAY too fast!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Love the shelves, and the lanterns, and especially the changing table! It is good to reuse! Someday you'll treasure these pictures so you can remember what his 'baby' room looked like!

MadKanga said...

Wow. His room is SO cute. I actually want to re-do Maddox's nursery with bright, bold colors so you just made me totally jealous. Very creative pictures and cute little finds and treasures! Dam Pottery Barn will get you every time with their prices! But, GREAT inspiration!