Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Busy Saturday with Bubs

Things to do today: Keep Bubs from jumping off kitchen table and breaking neck

Clean master bathroom---it is a disaster!! Fold tons of loads of laundry & put it away :(


Scrub the kitchen floor.....yikes, wishing some days we had a dog around



And bake....yes, I said bake. I can bake y'all! This was the first time I have ever made cinnamon rolls & not to brag, but they were pretty dang good. As my mom said..."Amy, you are getting very domestic." I'm sure trying!



I know I skipped a few steps going straight from the dough rising to the cinnamon rolls already rolled up and rising some more in the pan. I was hurrying trying to get this all done while little man was taking his morning nap. Thank goodness that kid likes to nap. I hope it keeps up!



They are done---almost to perfection! There should have been 12 rolls, but when I rolled up the dough and cut my cinnamon rolls, I miscalculated and didn't cut correctly. Oh well!



And now for the cream cheese icing! YUMMY! As you can see there is one roll missing, yes, I did have to try them to make sure they were edible. They sure are!



Not only was I making cinnamon rolls, I also made some peanut butter cookies. I was trying to copy a recipe that is similar to some of those girl scout cookies (can't remember what they are called). They also turned out pretty good.



I like to bake, but I hate the mess! This was only 1/2 of the mess I made in the kitchen yesterday!


But, when Jas returned from work, the kitchen was sparkling, there were delicious treats waiting for him on the counter, and his wifey was showered and prettied up for his work Christmas party with an ice cold beverage in hand for her hard working man. Yeah right...okay everything was true except for the beverage thing. He knows where the refrigerator is!! Get your own beverage! Ahhh, straight out of the 50's.


So, I have to show you all what little Griff was doing while I was talking on the phone to Grandma B. yesterday during lunch.


So I looked at his tray and it was clean---I was impressed that the kid had eaten so much. I was praising him for being a good eater, and then I pulled the tray away and saw this mess. He didn't have a napkin to hide the food in, or a dog to feed it to.....he hid his food in his bib pocket. Unfortunately he missed the pocket and was shoving it in his seat getting it all over his pants. Now maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt---maybe he was trying to be helpful and make things easier to clean for Mommy.


Nice try.....but you made a LOT more work for me!!!

Thanks Bubs!


Have a good weekend!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, yes, I remember my 3 children hiding the food in the bib pocket many years ago. I had forgotten! Your house is beautiful. I am happy you left a comment on my blog yesterday so I could find yours! I'm adding it to my blogroll.

Sheryl