Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pillow Makeovers.....SWEET!!

Oh, hey there skinny. Haven't seen you in awhile. I guess after you have a baby, certain clothes seem to fit less than perfect. Yeah, yeah....so it has been about 16mo. since I had Griff, but the body still isn't completely back to normal. I highly doubt it EVER returns to normal. This sweater is actually VERY boring, so I didn't feel bad when I started to cut it up.


I have a few old pillows that I've had down in my basement for awhile. I decided they needed a makeover. I got this idea over at http://fromhousetocozyhome.blogspot.com/
I totally copied the flower idea. It is so stinkin cute!!
(i haven't quite figured out how to do the linky thing...have patience with a new blogger please!)

I also found a stained pink shirt in my closet that was perfect for the pretty flowers. I stole some buttons off one of my husband's dress shirts....they were the spare buttons, so don't worry, he won't be going to work with his shirt gaping open--showing off chest hair....YIKES! (he really doesn't have chest hair)



I sewed the pillow by hand....because I don't have a sewing machine.




I flipped the pillow right side out, stuffed the pillow in, and sewed up the last side. I added the pretty flowers to give it a little PIZAZZ.




Here's a picture of tonight's pillow & the pillow I made last night with another old sweater. This sweater didn't turn out as good because it was smaller and you can see where the arm holes were---oh well, just fine for a spare bed.



Dandy, eh?




Well, off to bed.

"nigh, nigh" as Griffin says

sFEET dreams!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pillows AND I love your bedroom! I won't even show pics of our bedroom because DH has his huge desk in there and everything else. Don't get me started!

Sheryl

knittingknirvana said...

I love cabled sweaters. Great idea to re-purpose an old sweater. And I LOVE chubby baby feet! :)