Sunday, January 25, 2009

No. 2

Warning: If you have an issue with hearing/reading about POO, please stop now.

It was bound to happen. It has happened to numerous families across the world.....in fact Megan was just talking about this delicate subject Friday night (her story is WAY worse than mine.) Yes, Griffin did it. He went No. 2 in the bathtub this morning.
I was standing by the tub putting Griff''s shirts on hangers when it got very quiet. Usually Griff is singing or splashing in the tub, and even though I was standing next to the tub the entire time I was working on Griff's laundry, I panicked a little when there was a moment of silence. And then I looked over and knew why he had been so quiet, I saw the floaties. Unfortunately that wasn't the worst part. Griffin was playing with one. G.R.O.S.S.
Griff has always been a "regular" kind of kid. Sort of like clockwork. Usually he likes to hide when he is doing his business---so I was a little surprised that he did it right in front of me.
Yes, that is a weight watcher's yogurt he is eating---packed with fiber---see why he is regular! (no I don't have my kid on the weight watcher's diet--it was the only yogurt we had in the house, geez!)

At least the poo was solid. As I'm debating on how to take care of the mess, Jason yells from the other room--"it isn't a big deal, just clean it up with toilet paper." Husband, unless you are going to come help, zip it! I've cleaned up WAY bigger messes before---remember, I am a nurse. I think I can handle a little poo!

Enough about fecal matter, Griff was lucky enough to get to play with Aunt Rachel & Uncle Keith today while Mommy & Daddy went on an actual date. Thanks you guys for watching Griff!

We saw Seven Pounds. I liked it. Jason liked it. It was a tear-jerker. I cried. Jason laughed at me for crying.
I really like Will Smith. I think he is good in comedy (Fresh Prince of Bel Air.....loved that show, Men in Black), & horror & fiction (I Am Legend, I, ROBOT, Hancock), & Romance & Drama (Seven Pounds, The Pursuit of Happyness)---he's a good actor, and he's HOT! I do recommend the movie.



I'm sad it is Sunday evening......have to go to work tomorrow.....but am happy that I am gainfully employed and should say "I GET to go to work tomorrow." Sunday nights are actually okay--get to relax with the family--oh yeah, Cold Case & Big Love are on tonight! YIPPEE!

Have a good night everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, been there, done that ... many times, in fact! I had "almost" forgotten about it (they are now teens) until I read your post. Oh, I remember having to disinfect the tub. Yuck! I, too, wish the weekend wouldn't end, but am grateful I have a job! (And that is with preschoolers and sometimes I have to deal with their no. 2 issues.)

knittingknirvana said...

Oh I remember my sister talking about my nephew (who is now 22) pooping in the tub. Our little guy hasn't yet. I am waiting for it to happen. My husband usually gives the baths and it will be a funny, funny day when it happens. Uhm, yea, I have a very twisted bizarre sense of humor. At least I can admit it! :) And thanks for the Big Love reminder! I forgot it was on and now I have set my DVR. THANKS!!

MadKanga said...

Isn't it fun meeting people on blogs? Thanks for your comment on mine...let's make a deal...I can stalk your blog, and you can stalk mine? : ) My sister went to BV...but you were probably much younger than her to know her? I love your story on pooing in the tubby- make sure you mark that down in Griffin's baby book...it truly is a day to remember. I'm proud of how you handled it, my husband chose to scream, gag, choke, throw up in his mouth a little, and run away screaming for his mommy when it happened to him....so, good work! Take care- I'm adding you to my "Blogs I Read" list, and I only add the best of the best to that list!