Thursday, January 15, 2009

For The Love of Baskets

**updated** I needed to preface this post by letting everyone that reads this know I'm not just randomly taking pictures of my baskets just for the heck of it---Thrifty Decor Chick is on a mission to organize & declutter---so I'm joining the blog party and showing off how I organize. They hold magazines.....
....and bills......and cookbooks......

...and books & more books & magazines......


..... & laundry supplies......

......& toilet paper........

& mittens, gloves & scarves.......

but the places i need them the most......



















baskets, baskets, & more baskets--that's how i roll. it's amazing how much crap comes with having kids. don't get me wrong, i love my little man and all the unnecessary, large, noise-making, battery-draining toys he has accumulated in his short life--but i NEED some organization! so.....i stash the books, toys, blocks, train pieces, dvds, etc. in pretty baskets or boxes. i have baskets all over my house holding my items---i love them! i need to hit the thrift stores and see what fun baskets i can find for my upcoming projects. i'll post pictures of the jobs i plan to tackle very soon. we have a little toy room, craft area, & office closet work that desperately needs to get done. i hope to start the closet mess this weekend.




why yes, that is a VCR in the cabinet. i don't believe it is even hooked up...i think i'll hold onto it so griff can see what the old folks used to watch movies on. who knows what will be around when griff is an adult. i do have some classic vhs movies---dumb & dumber, when a man loves a woman, mary poppins.....some oldies but goodies!






& a basket to corral the remote controls....i think this is griffin's favorite basket to get into!










5 comments:

Twinmommy2boys said...

Love all the baskets. I need more baskets around here. Also I love your haircut in the header picture of your blog.

Judy @ In His Grip said...

I am with you baskets are the best for organizing.

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

love some baskets,, first thing i look for at yard sales, right after purses of course... Great sign in your laundry room.

ellie mae said...

Great idea with the baskets for organizing!

iris7531 said...

I love baskets too! I have some in my bathroom that hold all my makeup/nailpolish/hairproducts. Baskets are handy!