Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bucket List

Another gem on the Facebook circuit. I thought I would give it a try.......

The Bucket List. Now let me preface this by saying half of the things on this Facebook list mean nothing to me. I've never really thought about MY Bucket List, but I think it would definitely contain the following things:
1) make sure my babies know EXACTLY how much their Mommy LOVES them
2) visit ancestors in Norway (if any still living)
3) vacation in New Zealand with Husband
4) learn to speak another language (fluently)....I realize this won't be a necessary talent in Heaven, but it is something I really want to do
5) have a brat & a beer in Germany
6) see Britney in concert
7) learn to play a musical instrument....not the clarinet...i loathe the clarinet. i still have mine if anyone wants it. piece of crap.
8) take voice lessons and be comfortable singing in Church or singing Happy Birthday at parties
9) write a memoir
10) finish my Masters in Nursing
Here's the Facebook Bucket List...I put an 'X' next to the things I've already done:
( ) Gone on a blind date...no, but my parents met on a blind date and were engaged within a month of meeting. How cool is that. The funny thing is my parents would have been livid if I had gotten engaged after dating a guy for 1 month. HYPOCRISY!
(x) Had a wedding...it was lovely....I'd do it again.
( ) Skipped school......never high school, but I did ditch my share of college classes. Apparently skipping 3 classes in First Aid will get you a 'B'. I ruined my chance of getting a 4.0 GPA that semester. Dumb.
(x) Gone skinny dipping...yes, back when I was PHAT.....now I'm just FAT :(
(x ) Broken a bone...my thumb. twice. yes, same thumb. twice.
( ) Been to Canada
(X) Been to Mexico....yes, with Husband's family.....part of our cruise.
(X) Been to Florida.....yes, twice. 1st time in college on a softball trip. second time with Husband's family, part of cruise.
( ) Been to Hawaii
(X) Been on a plane
( ) Been on a helicopter
(X) Been lost......not a good map reader.
(X) Gone to Washington, DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep.......stupid boys.
(X) Played cops and robbers
(X) Recently colored with crayons
(X) Sang Karaoke....on my 30th, "Oops I Did It Again". I know, I'm NO Britney.
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only....McD's dollar menu!
(X ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch...like 3 times. Once with family, once on a band trip (f-ing clarinet days), once with Ex-boyfriend. no big thang.
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't.....turned into a blog junkie.
(X) Made prank phone calls
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose & elsewhere
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) Danced in the rain-naked
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus....not like it does any good...never did get the easy bake oven.
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
( ) Had a one night stand….NO...but you know NO ONE fesses up to this one.
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone....numerous times with Griffin....but I don't think I fully appreciated them. I just wanted him to finish his bottle so I could go back to bed. I should have enjoyed those beautiful moments.
(x) Blown bubbles....give me some Bubble Yum and watch me work. I can blow spit bubbles too, but nobody enjoys seeing that.
(x) Gone ice-skating....honestly, NEVER want to do that again.
(x) Gone to the movies....Twilight 3 times dawg. I talked to a respiratory therapist at work today. She's seen the movie 3 times also. I'm not a freak.
( ) Been deep sea fishing
(x) Had relations in a public place....since 'relations' isn't defined, I'll say yes.
( ) Been in the World Trade Center
( ) Driven across the United States
( ) Been in a hot air balloon...have had 2 opportunities but passed on both. IDIOT!!!
( ) Been sky diving.....always wanted to, but now I think I'd chicken out.
( ) Gone snowmobiling
(X) Asked someone on a date.....I was pretty forward with Husband.
( ) Lived in more than one country
(x) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets
(x) Seen a falling star and made a wish
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
(x) Seen the Statue of Liberty
(x) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
(x) Been on a cruise
(x) Traveled by train
(x) Traveled by motorcycle....I think a moped counts
(x) Been horse back riding....OK, maybe it was just a well-supervised pony ride.
( ) Ridden on a San Francisco CABLE CAR
( ) Been to Disneyland --- or Disney World....I know, I had a deprived childhood.
(x) Truly believe in the power of prayer
(x) Been in a rain forest…does the Rainforest CafĂ© count? I think it does.
( ) Seen whales in the ocean
( ) Been to Niagara Falls
( ) Ridden on an elephant
(x) Swam with dolphins.....very cool.
( ) Been to the Olympics
( ) Walked on the Great Wall of China
( ) Saw and heard a glacier calf……huh?
( ) Been spinnaker flying…..i don’t even know what that is, so I doubt it.
(x) Been water-skiing
(x) Been snow-skiing
( ) Been to Westminster Abbey
( ) Been to the Louvre
( ) Swam in the Mediterranean
(X) Screen your phone calls
(x) Been to a Major League Baseball game...Cubs, Cards, Twins, Royals, Dodgers
( ) Been to a National Football League game
( ) Been to a NBA game

I'm amazed at how much I actually HAVE done in the 30 years I've been alive. I'm pretty fortunate to have had opportunities that I know a lot of people have not. I DO count my blessings everyday.

Speaking of Bucket Lists, I would like to give a shout out to the birthday girls today!
Another year older!!
My BNF (best Nebraska friend) turned 21 today. Have a shot for her tonight.
I'll have a shot of Pepto (bad taco sauce)

And Happy 39th Birthday to my dear Mom-In-Law. Without her, I would be lost! Thank you for ALL you do!

Love you both & lucky to have you in my life!

No comments: