Sunday, February 1, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Griff & I took a little trip Saturday to visit my parents. We hadn't been back there since Thanksgiving. Jason had to work, so it was just the two of us road trippin. Griffin spent the day playing with Grandma & Grandpa E. ---and showing off for Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma E. He was a hoot at my grandparent's house. Although studies show that kids don't get "sugar highs", I strongly disagree and challenge the researchers to study my kid.
While we were back at my parent's, Grandpa E. showed Griff his vast collection of tractors. My camera doesn't do his collection justice. I'm not sure how many tractors my dad has, but he has a lot. Grandpa grabbed a tractor & cut it out of the box so Griffin could play with one. (It must not have been a high dollar tractor---at least I hope not!)




this picture is from this Fall at The Machine Shed/Living History Farms in Des Moines--i love it!


Griffin might not be a farmer when he grows up, but at least he will have an appreciation for tractors!


My parent's dog Riley puts up with Griffin's antics--they are actually good buds.

Riley telling Griff a VERY important secret.....


Griff snuggling with Grandma......

walking a mile in Grandpa's shoes.......

4 generation picture

Even though I am an adult, with my own family & own lovely house, I still feel most relaxed in my parent's home. I could be laying on the couch at my parent's house with a room full of people talking, and my kid on the floor playing and feel completely comfortable falling asleep. I love the familiar smells, the softness of my mom when I hug her, the sound of my dad laughing at something funny my sisters said or something on the TV. I love my parent's home.

OH, and to end this WONDERFUL day we spent with my family, we ate at my favorite restaurant, Hickory Park in Ames. I'll have the usual please, taco burger and carmel chocolate chip malt. YUMMY!!
(p.s. my diet starts tomorrow)

No comments: