Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Volleyball, Book Club & Stupid F@*%$!% Computer

Had a volleyball game tonight. It was obvious we didn't bring our "A" game. We jabbered throughout the games about books, our children, sinus issues, hair coloring, jobs, weight watchers, you name it--we probably touched on it. We let the third game slip through our fingers. The other team jumped for joy. They won their 1st game. No really, like probably their 1st game EVER...they were THAT bad. How nice for them.....embarrassing for us.....but nice for them. I just threw a picture of me & a teammate on the blog tonight---oh, doesn't my bum look HOT in those bottoms?



While I was at volleyball tonight, husband was fighting with the computer. I had visions of returning home and finding a scene much like the one in the picture above, but surprisingly husband was fairly cheerful and was even emptying the dishwasher and had just done a load of laundry. Apparently the computer was working fine, but it wasn't picking up the internet signal. I tried to be helpful and call our internet carrier --I'm sure I gave the customer service guy a good laugh.
"Ma'am, can you please unplug your router and then plug it back in"
"..........Ummmmmmm, what's the router?"

I'm a MORON when it comes to the computer stuff. It is amazing I can do this blog!



Amen sister....A clean house IS a sign of a broken computer....or wireless router.

After husband had tidied up the home, he went back to working on the computer/router/modem. I don't know what he did, but he fixed the router thingy. He did have the nerve to ask "Do you think we might have a virus because of all the blogging you are doing?" That is just plain nonsense!

Book Club Update:

Our book club is having its official first meeting on Sunday to discuss The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs. Overall I liked the book--but it was very hard to get into. You have to take into account that I was coming off of reading the Twilight series--so NOTHING can compare to those great books. I struggled through the first half of the book, but the second half was a quick read. The book is about a group of women that are all from different backgrounds that come together because of their love for knitting. You'll laugh, you'll cry. It is worth your time. I sucked at book reports as a kid, so I'm not even going to try as an adult. I'm just going to throw out the 2 thumbs up and tell you to READ IT YOURSELF!

Next book up on the agenda:



Love the one you're with, because you are never going to be with Edward Cullen........

1 comment:

knittingknirvana said...

A volleyball team sounds like fun! Especially one that cares more about chatting then winning--sounds like my kind of competitive sports! :)