Friday, February 6, 2009

A Nice Little Friday

Daycare was closed today, so I stayed home with Griffin. Well, we didn't really stay home, we went on a treasure hunt. Grandma B. picked me up early this morning, we then picked up Aunt Rachel and were off on our adventure. 1st stop, a cute home in South Amana for an old window I have been wanting for quite some time. I'll post pictures of that find after I pretty it up a bit. I have some big plans for that baby.
We finally reach our destination---Great Grandma & Grandpa Y's house.
GG&GG (Ruth's parents) have a house full of treasures. They used to be in the antique business. Rach & I were let loose in the basement and found some fun stuff. There were a few items that Great Grandma wasn't ready to part with, but both Rach & I came away with some beauties.

It was nice to spend some time with GG & GG without the whole entire clan there. The only time we really go to their house is when we have family gatherings & you NEVER get one-on-one time. It's just not possible.
We need to do this more often!
These are my fantastic finds. I love the glass canisters. I already have two that store my sugar & flour. I got two more to hold brown sugar & powdered sugar. The plate is pretty milk glass & I got an old sewing drawer. I have some good ideas for that little guy.

I love the canisters. They are a pretty way to store the essentials.
Seriously, this blog post has probably taken me 2 1/2 hours. I have gone into Griffin's room (no joke) 10 times trying to get him to sleep. I've rocked him, sang to him, walked around with him.
I quit.
He wins.
No nap for Griff today....aside from the 20 min. cat nap in the car.
Awesome.
Should make for an interesting evening.
Better go get him out of bed. Later Dude!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What great finds! I had to LOL at the pics of Griff. Remember, I teach preschool. They all had his energy today!

Sheryl