Saturday, February 28, 2009

It was nice & sunny today.
Too bad it is only about 27degrees.
I'm so ready for Spring!
I know I'm jumping the gun a little, but my front door was ready for the springy flower basket. The entry looks a little bare, but I don't want to go overboard. It could still easily snow & the neighbors will think I'm a moron if I pull out the flower pots.I decided to change up a few things in the house today while Bubs napped & Husband was at work. I placed my new little green friend ($2.99 find at Michaels) on top of some good smelling potpourri in this milk glass dish. Looks a little springy, right? (I don't really do the Spring pastel colors...unless they are M&Ms. Pastels really aren't my style)
Earlier today Bubs & I stopped by my friend Amy's store & I used the gift certificate Husband had given me for Valentine's Day. I got the lovely candle holders & candles you see on my table. I added the table runner that I already had. Back in the corner you see the highchair (it is difficult because the sun was so bright....not giving off much warmth...but it was bright)--I did have a tall vase back there but I wanted the highchair out of the way, so I moved the vase & shoved the chair back into that corner.
The vase now resides on the commode (not the toilet kind) in my entryway. I also added the candle. That was our unity candle. I took a piece of scrapbook paper sprayed some glue on it & slapped it around the candle. I lit the candle today for probably the first time since our wedding.
Is it wrong to reuse that candle?
I think not.
It is a reminder of the love Husband & I have for each other, & I think it is better to use it than store it away in some box in the basement.
Awhile back I added the scrabble letters (we rarely play...Hubs & I both stink at spelling), the "b", "B", & "family" frames. Just a couple of old frames, a little bit of scrapbook paper and some glue to attach the letters & "family" magnet. (another Michaels purchase)
Very easy and inexpensive decor.
I also changed up the countertop in the kitchen. I added a nice little lamp that I stole from Husband's office. He wasn't using it (it was in his bathroom...which nobody sees but him....and he doesn't appreciate it) so I rescued it from the dingy bathroom and brought the under-appreciated lamp into our home. I think I got this at Dollar General when Hubs first opened his office (super inexpensive). I was trying to decorate his office and make it "homey". Husband could have cared less.
I did have a red basket on the counter holding all of our mail, but I switched it out for something that matched a little better and was collecting dust in the basement. It is amazing how many treasures you can find when you shop your own house!
(and amazing how much money you can save)
Speaking of saving money....Bubs has been trying to save some money to buy some new Elmo movies. He wants to earn the money (says he's tired of taking handouts from his parents) so he is offering to walk the neighborhood dogs for a small fee.He is really patient with animals. He will take really good care of your pet.

For a few dollars extra he is willing to teach the dog tricks, like fetch & roll over.
Uh oh, that doesn't look good. It looks like the little dog might be turning on Bubs. It appears the dog is attacking his leg.
Bubs NO!!! I think you are hurting the dog. Dogs don't like to be held by their tails.......

.....or thrown around by the leash......I don't care that he bit you, you can't treat animals like that!!
Ummm, maybe you don't want my son caring for your dog. He might be a little too young for such a big responsibility.
The tantrums have already started.
Bubs gets frustrated and then starts throwing his toys.
(case in point: dog)
Today he hit the vacuum cleaner because he stepped on the cord & that hurt his foot.
I know this is just the beginning.
He is 6 months away of from turning 2, but I think the "terrible" times are coming ahead of schedule.
Where did my sweet, mild-mannered child go?
If you see him, please tell him Mommy is looking for him.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bubs is just too darn cute. Please move to Portland, OR so he can be in my preschool class!

Unknown said...

Where did you get the basket with flowers you have hanging on your front door? I really like it. Griff is such a character (hitting the vaccumm after the cord hurt his foot! I can't believe you would let him treat the Dyson like that.) I can tell he's going to be a smart little boy.